Sunday, April 18, 2010

I wish

You would stop pushing me away,
that i was enough for you,
that this promise ring actually meant something to you,
that you trusted me,
that you didn't take your frustration out on me,
that you didn't yell at me,
that you had more patience for me,
that i made you as happy as you say i do,
that you would let me do something i want to do but you're scared to let me do.
that you didn't treat me as a five year old.

I know that in your eyes my age is everything.
But why can't you look past that?
My age is but a number
Throughout my life, I have showed you that i make good choices
so why keep me tied down?
i know its because youre scared,
you don't want me to get hurt
you're afraid i'll make a bad choice
but i'm sure you made mistakes
but thats how you learned, right?
don't be afraid to let me make my own mistakes.
everyone makes mistakes

gosh, that last part sounded like a hannah montana song didn't it?
crap.

2 comments: