Friday, May 28, 2010

Eric Nelson

After school I craved noodles so I went by myself and got myself some milk tea and some wai dai niu rou mian. I felt so local haha.

ANYWAYS.

So Mr. Nelson really put some wise words in my head today. He gave his goodbye speech in the last five minutes of class. I think its such a shame that Earth science is being discontinued next year. But what I think is even more sad is that Mr. Nelson is leaving. Some think he's crazy, some think he's a nerd, but I think he is a genius and I love how although he has had so many setbacks in life he has found something that he loves to do which is teach students something he is so passionate about. I can tell some teachers are teaching just to earn money. This guy is the opposite. Yeah obviously he needs a salary but I honestly think that he does think because he wants to educate people. He wants to share everything he knows with young people. His one and only goal is not to get an A+ in his class but as long as you're learning he is happy for you. I find it amazing how he is willing to stay almost every day till 7 pm at school for students. He is really an inspiration and I love that he is so passionate about what he does. His lectures are the most incredible thing I have ever witnessed.

And today he said something that I know I will remember forever.
"You have the seeds of greatness within you"
that really impacted me.

And at the end he said: Just learn. Cheating is useless. Grades are somewhat useless. Learn everything you can, that's what school is for anyways so why not take advantage of it and educate yourself.

1 comment:

  1. i hate you for eating beefnooda without me

    but jackie it's true
    its SO hard, especially for me, to think that grades are actually useless, but what you learn from the material is what's important
    its impossible to think that way but its just being naiive..!
    i wish i can learn

    ReplyDelete