Friday, May 21, 2010

I Once

Heard a quote. I wasn't even paying attention at the time. I think I was just spacing out. I can't remember where or when this was but I think it was about 3 or 4 years ago. But right I heard it I got chills down my back and thought about it for the rest of the day. The quote goes something like this.

"You are who you want to be."

At first I took think quite literally. I wanted to be so much like one of my cousins. So I thought to myself that I didn't need to try to be her because I was already like her. As time went by and I thought more and more about this quote I realized two things.

This quote wasn't to be taken literal at all. This quote was talking about you have everything you need to be the person you want to become. Whether you aspire a profession or a lifestyle or just a type of person you want to be. You are equipped with all the tools you need to become a better person and the person you want to become. Intelligence, determination, and all that good stuff. If you were really meant to be the person you wanted to be, you would have all of those attributes. So don't dwell if you want to be a certain type of person like a really caring person or something, chances are because you WANT to it will happen because you will subconsciously use those tools and eventually change.

Be yourself. If this quote is taken literally, you will get thoughts like the ones I had before of wanting to be someone else. Everyone is blessed with good things about them. Everyone has a reason to want to be themselves and no one else. You were given your personality and looks at birth for a reason and I'm sure it was a very good reason. So don't try to change yourself to match someone else. Change yourself for the better, but never to match someone else. BEcause if everyone did that we would eventually have only one type of person. How boring would that be? That would totally defeat the point of even having people different people on this Earth. Everyone was made differently. You can't really change that and if you did it would be quite terrible so why not embrace it?

Enough about that. I will spend the rest of my Friday night watching movies with my mom, and eating apple pie poky sticks. You should try those. They're really really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment